Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Job ID
- Job Type
Our company works with accredited food safety auditors including the British Retail Consortium, American Institute of Baking International, Silliker Incorporated among others, to continuously measure our performance and compliance to the strictest food safety standards.
Be assured, that with us, you are the priority receiving the personalized service, dedication and attention to detail only a private company can provide. We value your business and understand it is earned every day. We will continue to work hard on your behalf to provide the quality and differentiation you and your customers demand.
Install, service, and repair refrigeration systems and equipment such as condensing units, compressors, and evaporators. Connect refrigeration lines and electrical power sources, handling hazardous refrigerant substances, and check systems and equipment for leaks. Use system blueprints or manufacturers' instructions to complete a job.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, electrical and electronic schematics or other specifications
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors using hand and power tools
- Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Install, troubleshoot and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start-up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
- Occasionally install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training
- Valid Class B Refrigeration’s License
- Red Seal Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic Certification Preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Ammonia systems and routine maintenance operations
- Valid Ontario G class driver’s license
- Proven mechanical abilities in refrigeration, AC repairs, and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Physical ability to lift up to 20 kg
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Overtime and flexibility in terms of work hours may be required
At Fiera Foods, we are committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees are valued and supported. We are dedicated to fostering a workforce reflecting the diversity of our community and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Fiera Foods is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities or special needs requiring accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please notify our Human Resources Team at 416-746-1010 ext. 480 or via email email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Fiera Foods, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.