Accessibility and Statement of Commitment
Statement of Commitment
Fiera Foods respects the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunity for all people. We are committed to identifying and removing barriers that prevent accessibility and we will integrate our commitment whenever possible to meet the accessibility needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We are dedicated to keeping up with our policies and relevant legislation in order to support a barrier-free society. Our executive team and Human Resources department will collaborate and work together to deliver on this commitment. Our key goal will be on improving accessibility within the following areas:
Fiera Foods strives to provide its goods and service in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are committed to give people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services in a similar way as other customers.
Fiera Foods is planning on providing Customer Service related accessibility training to employees who provide service to our Customers on our premises and also plans to provide training on accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. We will create and implement departmental training plans ensuring all associates receive role specific training in accessibility.
Fiera Foods is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and upon hiring. Our Human Resources team will share our commitment within our postings and throughout the selection process, including advising new hires of our accommodation policies and update staff on any changes to these policies as applicable.
Fiera Foods will continue to develop individual accommodation plans and return to work policies for employees that have been absent due to disability and we will ensure to have a written process in place to document individualized plans in a clear and consistent manner.
In addition, career development, performance management and job changes will take into account accessibility needs and individual plans. Its Fiera Foods commitment to proactively prevent and remove accessibility barriers and incorporate accessibility within our regular review of employment policies and procedures.
Information and Communication
Fiera Foods is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities and we will work with them to determine their specific information and communication needs.
Multi Year Accessibility Plan
Please click here to see our multi year accessibility plan.
Social Compliance Policy
Our overall guiding principle is to act responsibly and ethically by focusing on a core group of values based on the United Nations Guiding Principles (UNGP) on human rights that define the scope of our social accountability. As we qualify, measure, and evaluate our internal processes and in our relationship with external partners, we continuously apply these values to our daily business practice. Our Director of Human Resources is responsible for implementation of this policy.
- Child & Forced Labor: We do not condone or use any form of forced labor, including indentured, prison, bonded or slave labor. Nor do we use any form of child labor. We do not allow persons under the age of 18 in our production areas.
- Wage, Benefits and Working Hours: We comply with all applicable wage, working hours, benefits, and overtime laws and are committed to fair remuneration for our workers and make all effort to avoid precarious employment. We continually assess local industry standards and if higher than applicable laws and regulations, we match that higher standard.
- Discrimination: Our employment practices do not discriminate on the basis of age, nationality, race, religion, social or ethnic orientation, gender or disability, Furthermore, physical or verbal harassment or abuse to discipline employees is not tolerated.
- Workplace Conditions: We provide a safe, healthy and secure workplace for all employees. Proper sanitation, lighting, ventilation and fire safety protection are provided.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulation: Including the rights of our workers to freely associate. We do not tolerate any acts of corruption, extortion, embezzlement, bribery or human trafficking.
- Protection of the Environment: We strive to take the necessary measures to reduce our environmental impact.
Employees are free to raise concerns regarding the above without fear of reprisal.